Spawn creator Todd McFarlane made an enormous announcement earlier this yr when he revealed that he was going to push the world of Spawn previous his ongoing comedian collection and additional develop “Spawn’s Universe.” It will all kick off in June of this yr with that self titled problem, Spawn’s Universe #1, which can give solution to a number of different comics that includes both Spawn or one of many many different Spawns that run round within the pages of his tales. Now the prolific author/artist has revealed a primary take a look at extra of the artwork seen within the upcoming problem, teasing, “Going SAVAGE! The king is coming.”
“I’ve waited almost 30 years to be able to get to this moment,” McFarlane beforehand stated. “To deliver on ideas, I hope they will grow from this initial seed called Spawn’s Universe #1 into a fully formed world populated with hundreds and hundreds of characters in the near future. The stage will be set with this book, and soon I’ll be launching into new monthly titles for the first time since 1992. I can’t wait to show comic readers all the crazy ideas in my head as well as opening up the floodgate to so many talented creators that have said they’d like to join me on this journey.”
McFarlane wrote the problem which can characteristic artwork by Jim Cheung (Chapter With Spawn), Brett Booth (Chapter With Gunslinger Spawn), Stephen Segovia (Chapter With Medieval Spawn) and Marcio Takara (Chapter With She-Spawn). Other artists embrace J. Scott Campbell, making a set of 4 variants, every displaying one of many notable characters enjoying a task in Spawn’s Universe in 2021. Additional variant covers come from McFarlane and a gaggle cowl by artist Booth, with McFarlane inking.
“This isn’t about just a Spawn story and expanding Spawn,” McFarlane instructed ComicBook.com. “This is expanding creativity, and/or possibility on multiple mediums in the future. The goal is to create possibilities. And the possibilities aren’t going to come unless you’ve got the characters and you’ve got the foundation….All of it adds up to other companies and corporations, and eyeballs and fans looking at this brand and saying, ‘What else you got?'”
Spawn’s Universe will prime readers for 3 new month-to-month spin-off Spawn titles: King Spawn, Gunslinger Spawn, and The Scorched (a team-up title) with every title set to debut in 2021.
Spawn’s Universe #1 launches on June thirtieth. The official solicitation info comply with:
- Spawn’s Universe #1
- (W) Todd McFarlane (A) Jim Cheung, Todd McFarlane, Stephen Segovia, Marcio Takara (CA) J. Scott Campbell
- IT’S HERE: THE OFFICIAL INTRODUCTION TO THE LONG-AWAITED SPAWN’S UNIVERSE!A double-sized problem that begins a storyline so big that three NEW SPAWN-related month-to-month titles will spill out from it, together with…
- A brand new SPAWN title.
- GUNSLINGER SPAWN month-to-month.
- And a brand new TEAM ebook bringing a handful of those characters collectively in their very own ebook.
- With this one-shot…the world of SPAWN adjustments without end! New heroes. New villains, and extra importantly, new titles coming to a comic book store close to you. Join this checklist of artists as we unveil a historic second within the mythology of SPAWN’S UNIVERSE:
- JIM CHEUNG
- TODD McFARLANE
- STEPHEN SEGOVIA
- MARCIO TAKARA
- In Shops: Jun 30, 2021
- SRP: $5.99