Paradox Interactive unveiled its plans for grand strategy title Crusader Kings 3 over the next year. The new chapter features two new expansions including a Byzantine-themed Major Expansion, an event pack, and a free cosmetic clothing addon. All of this new content is part of the Crusader Kings 3 Chapter 3 Expansion Pass.
Legends of the Dead
The first new content as part of the third chapter is the Legends of the Dead core expansion. Available March 4, the expansion adds new activities, events, and features to the grand strategy game. New features include:
- Legends: Commission an epic retelling of your family history or build your own heroic reputation through great deeds. Promote this legend, far and wide, and see how the stories of the past reverberate through the centuries, and add even more glory to legendary dynasties.
- Legendary Playstyle: Leverage your living legend status through new Decisions and actions, keeping the stories of your family in the minds of a continent, strengthening the legitimacy of your rule and allowing further choices.
- Legendary Buildings: Your legendary reputation gives you access to new elite buildings, cementing your legacy for future generations.
- Legendary Feasts: Poets and bards can ornament your celebrations with songs and odes to your greatness, inspiring your guests to spread the tale of your legendary generosity.
- Court Chroniclers: Hire an official historian to spread the story of your dynasty’s great accomplishments, or use your poets and musicians to turn your actions into art.
- Two New Legacies: A new Heroic dynastic Legacy for the heirs of legendary characters, even using the great deeds of ancestors to justify claims from the distant past, as well as a Legitimacy Legacy that promotes your dynasty as the true rulers of the realm.
- Illness and Mourning: New diseases like the Bloody Flux, Measles and Holy Fire may ravage your court, but you can honor your deceased loved ones with dignified Funeral rites, according to your faith.
- The Black Death: The greatest scourge of the Middle Ages strikes down noble and commoner alike, radically transforming the political and social environment. Prepare your realm and prepare your soul, because a rampaging plague may be the strongest enemy facing your rule.
- New Art: Both life and death are given new energy with the celebrated art style that Crusader Kings III fans have come to appreciate. A new exclusive Map Table, new varieties of clothing, unit models and holding designs for extra flavor.
Into the Future
After the release of Legends of the Dead, another major expansion and an event pack are still in the plans for 2024. The first, Roads to Power, is a Byzantine Empire-themed expansion. Players can rule Constantinople through a new Administrative Government form and experience new Byzantine-themed events and flavors. With this expansion, you’ll also have the ability to live your life roaming the map as an adventurer for hire, a first for the series.
In the Wandering Nobles event pack, Crusader Kings 3 looks to build upon the travel system introduced in the Tours and Nightmares event pack. Wandering Nobles adds a new travel system and new ways and reasons to travel including new incidents and stories.
Crusader Kings 3: Legends of the Dead will be available on March 4, while the rest of the new content is scheduled over the rest of 2024. Those interested can pre-purchase the Chapter 3 Expansion Pass and gain immediate access to the free Couture of the Capets cosmetic clothing add-on.