The New Delhi Railway Station might be redeveloped right into a world-class station in step with international requirements. With dome-shaped terminal buildings and two arrival and departure areas on the concourse degree, the station is certain to bear an entire makeover. At least 9 international and home corporations together with Adani Railways Transport, ISQ Asia Infrastructure Investments, and GMR Highways, have participated in a bid to redevelop the New Delhi Railway Station Other corporations like ISQ Asia Infrastructure Investments, Anchorage Infrastructure Investments Holdings Limited, Kalpataru Power Transmission, BIF IV India Infrastructure Holding, Omaxe Limited and Elpis Ventures participated within the request for citation (RFQ) which opened on Wednesday.
- These corporations will now bear technical analysis. In the following stage, the Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) will float the request for proposal (RFP) for chosen contributors who get certified within the technical course of, a press release from the Railways stated. The growth follows the pre-bid conferences and digital roadshows that apprised the stakeholders of assorted developments and elicited suggestions on the undertaking.
- New Delhi Railway Station Redevelopment is a flagship undertaking of the RLDA, and the primary to be undertaken on the Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) idea in Delhi-NCR.
- It will incur capital expenditure at round USD 680 million and might be developed on a Design-Build-Finance-Operate-Transfer (DBFOT) mannequin.
- The undertaking gives a number of income streams to the developer, together with income from actual property rights and is slated to be accomplished in round 4 years. The concession interval is for 60 years, Railways stated.
- The redevelopment of the New Delhi Railway Station is our flagship undertaking that may stimulate financial growth of NCR. The undertaking attracted curiosity from varied nationwide and worldwide stakeholders, RLDA Vice Chairman Ved Parkash Dudeja stated.
- “It will be instrumental in augmenting the local economy, generating employment opportunities and boosting tourism potential of Delhi-NCR, ensuring Inclusive Development for Aspirational India. The station is strategically located in the heart of Delhi and has proximity to Connaught Place, Delhi’s prime commercial hub,” it stated.
- It may also have two multi-modal transport hubs on each facet, 40-floor high-rise twin towers (with resort/places of work and retail at podium) and pedestrian boulevard with high-street procuring shops, it stated.
- Pedestrian motion, cycle tracks, and inexperienced tracks have been built-in into the proposed growth plan.
- The station might be linked to the IGI Airport via the Airport Express Line Metro and with Delhi-NCR through the Yellow Line of Delhi Metro. DTC bus stops lie on either side of the station.
- It has a grasp plan space of 120 hectares, out of which 88 hectares is being deliberate in section 1 of the undertaking.
- RLDA is the approving authority for the Master Plan. To expedite the approvals and clearances, an Apex Committee beneath the chairmanship of the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi has additionally been constituted.
- The authority is at present engaged on 62 stations in a phased method whereas its subsidiary, IRSDC has taken up one other 61 stations.
- In the primary section, RLDA has prioritised outstanding stations like New Delhi, Tirupati, Dehradun, Nellore, and Puducherry for redevelopment.
- The railway stations throughout India might be redeveloped on a public-private partnership mannequin as part of Smart City Projects launched by the federal government. RLDA is a statutory physique beneath the Ministry of Railways, for the event of vacant Railway land. (With PTI inputs)
READ MORE: New Delhi railway station to get worldwide airport-like makeover | See photographs
READ MORE: Kevadiya, India’s first railway station with inexperienced constructing certification | Photos
Latest Business News