Veteran actor, Jagdeep, is most remembered for his character, Soorma Bhopali in the 1975 cult movie Sholay. Born Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jaffrey, the well-known comic breathed his final on July 8, 2020 at the age of 81. Jagdeep began his movie journey as a baby artist in BR Chopra’s 1951 movie Afsana.
As a baby actor, he adopted the identify of Master Munna and appeared in additional movies similar to Ab Dilli Door Nahin, Munna, Aar Paar and Do Bigha Zamin. It was in 1968 that Jagdeep solidified his spot as a well-liked comic with the Shammi Kapoor starrer Brahmachari.
To commemorate the delivery anniversary of late Jagdeep, right here’s some lesser recognized info about his life.
1. Jagdeep was born on March 29 1939, in Datia, Madhya Pradesh. He had three marriages in his lifetime and was father to famend comic and dancers Javed and Naved Jaffrey.
2. Jagdeep was very younger when he misplaced his father throughout the partition. He and his household moved to Bombay and Jagdeep’s mom struggled to fulfill ends.
3. For this motive, Jagdeep needed to drop out of faculty at a younger age. He began promoting cleaning soap on the roadside to get by and earn to help his household.
4. His position in Hum Panchi Ek Dal Ke was properly acquired. So a lot, that the former Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, gifted his personal private employees to Jagdeep after watching the movie.
5. Jagdeep featured in additional than 400 movies throughout his lifetime.
6. Some of the extra standard songs in Hindi movies picturised on him embody Pas Baitho Tabiyat Bahal Jayegi from Punarmilan. Another music that added to his recognition was Aa Gaye Yaron Jeene Ke Din from the movie Phir Wohi Baat.
7. Better often known as a comic, Jagdeep can also be fondly remembered for his position in the movie Andaz Apna Apna. He performed father to Salman Khan’s character.
8. Jagdeep additionally labored in horror movies similar to Purana Mandir and 3D Saamri, each had been profitable.
9. His final launched movie, earlier than his dying was Gali Gali Chor Hai in 201. He performed a police constable’s character.