The Croatian worldwide joined CA Osasuna this previous summer time on mortgage from RCD Mallorca. His eight targets to date this season have been an enormous issue within the staff’s glorious season, wrapping up LaLiga Santander survival with weeks to spare.
1. Ante was born within the Bosnian metropolis of Zenica in 1991 and grew up in Velika Gorica on the outskirts of the Croatian capital Zagreb. He began taking part in soccer on the age of six and it was right here in his hometown the place he started his profession, with native facet NK Radnik Velika Gorica.
2. He scored on his LaLiga Santander for Osasuna, in opposition to Atletico de Madrid no much less. He got here on with simply over 20 minutes to go and scored with twelve minutes to go. His objective wasn’t sufficient to keep away from a 3-1 defeat, however he clearly set out his stall.
3. Five of his eight targets (63%) this season have been headers. This stat makes him LaLiga Santander’s second-most prolific header, only one objective behind Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema who leads the way in which with six.
4. Ante combines his skilled soccer profession together with his research. He is learning for an Economics diploma, one thing he started again in Croatia inspired by his sisters.
5. His nicknames embody the ‘Swan of Zenica’ and the ‘Alchemist.’ ‘Swan’ refers to his class on the pitch and with the ball at his ft, in addition to his physique: tall and skinny, over 6ft tall and 75kg in weight. ‘Alchemist,’ however, refers to his goalscoring intuition and his potential to search out the again of the online. The title was first utilized by RCD Mallorca followers, who had been in awe of his potential to remodel the soccer ‘into gold’ and profit from each play.
Also Read: LaLiga Special: Remembering the highest 5 most thrilling finishes within the final 30 yrs