Reliance Jio has been making sincere efforts to offer affordable and beneficial recharge plans to its consumers. While prepaid connections have their own benefits, wherein one can recharge as per convenience, a postpaid connection proves to be more beneficial sometimes. If you have a postpaid connection, then you don’t have to worry about recharging your number in emergencies or during sudden events.
Moreover, postpaid plans give better facilities like no daily data restrictions and the ability to roll over the leftover data. Earlier converting Reliance Jio Prepaid number to a postpaid number could be done by visiting the physical store only. However, now this process has become very simple and there’s no need to visit a Reliance Store nowadays. You can change your prepaid number to a postpaid number via the Jio Mobile App. Just follow the steps given below.
ALSO READ: 300+ Trending Hashtags for increasing Instagram Reels Engagement
Changing Prepaid Number to Postpaid Number Online
- Open the My Jio Application on your device and go to the ‘Menu’ section in the extreme right corner of the app.
- This will open the menu for your account. Look for the ‘Switch to Postpaid’ option and click on it.
- This will take you to the ‘Migrate to Postpaid’ screen where Jio will inform you about the features and benefits of subscribing to a postpaid connection.
- Click on ‘Move to Postpaid’.
- A new screen will be displayed that will ask you to confirm your details like personal details, and existing plan. There will be a warning about prepaid benefits lapsing.
- Click on ‘Verify Now’. A new screen will appear that will ask you to enter an OTP that will be sent to your number. Post entering the OTP, accept the Terms and Conditions, and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Choose the postpaid plan you want and continue with on-screen instructions to instantly switch your prepaid account to postpaid.
Jio has clearly mentioned that most of the prepaid benefits will lapse such as unused validity, vouchers, and data balance. But if you have any top-up balance, it will be credited to your first postpaid bill, bringing down the total of the bill.
Also if you use the My Jio App or website to upgrade your prepaid number to postpaid then the services might not be operational in Jammu and Kashmir region. For that, you will have to visit the nearest Jio Store. After migration, postpaid bills will be sent to your email id.
Currently, Jio is offering a free one-month service for JioPlus users, and one has to spend at least Rs. 299 (30GB Data) and the family share plans start at Rs. 499/month. With Jio Plus plans, users will get access to premium OTT services like Prime Video, Netflix, and more.
You can follow Smartprix on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google News. Visit smartprix.com for the most recent news, reviews, and tech guides.