UPI is being used in India on a considerable level, and a lot of people in the country have started relying on that. Multiple Indian customers and regular shopkeepers use UPI as the medium to send and receive payment. As of now, there are multiple applications in the market that allow you to make UPI payments, like Paytm, PhonePe, Mobikwik, Freecharge, and more. For making these transactions, you create a PIN and use it every time you make any transactions.
Now, what if you forget your PIN, are unable to make any transactions, and are in dire need of doing the same? No worries, we got your back as here we will discuss how you can reset your UPI pin via all the primary applications that including Google Pay, PhonePe, PayTM, etc. before that, we will tell you in brief about the basics of UPI, UPI ID, and other stuff.
What are UPI, UPI PIN, and other things around it?
In simple terms, UPI, also known as the Unified Payments Interface, is a system that is backed by multiple bank accounts in a single smartphone application. Now, to successfully make UPI transactions, you need to add a UPI ID and UPI PIN. Your UPI PIN will be used for all the transactions from specific bank accounts.
How to change UPI PIN using PhonePe?
- Open the PhonePe application on your smartphone.
- Select the menu available at the top right corner of the display.
- Now open the bank account and select the one you want to change the pin.
- Tap on reset UPI PIN for your bank account.
- Enter the last PIN along with the expiry date of your debit card.
- Now enter the OTP you’ve received on your smartphone.
- You can successfully change the PIN now, and you can use it for all transactions via the app.
How to change UPI PIN on Google Pay?
- Open the Google Pay application on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the top right corner of the screen to access the linked bank account.
- Select the bank account you want to edit and reset the UPI PIN of.
- Now tap on change UPI PIN.
- After that, you can create a new UPI PIN and enter the same to confirm it.
- You can now use the new PIN for all your transactions via the Google Pay application.
How to change your UPI PIN using Paytm?
- Open the Paytm application on your smartphone.
- Tap on the profile and select UPI and the payment setting option.
- Select the bank account for which you want to change the PIN.
- Now tap on the reset PIN button.
- Enter the last PIN along with the Expiry date of the debit card.
- Tap on proceed and enter the new UPI PIN.
- After that, your UPI PIN will be changed successfully, and it can be used for any and every transaction via the Paytm application.