We created a fun kids Handprint Leprechaun Craft for St. Patrick’s Day! This simple kids handprint craft is super easy to make and requires just a few supplies that you probably have most of already. Make a handprint leprechaun for St. Patricks Day at home, in the classroom or at a St. Patty’s Day party.
My son and I enjoyed doing this kids St Patricks Day craft together and it was so much fun creating art with him. What I also love about this kids Handprint Leprechaun Craft is that I’ll forever have a keepsake of my kid’s hand.
Related: Toilet Paper Leprechaun Craft
This St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids comes together quickly and so it’s great for short attention spans. Younger kids will need help with the handprint and paint part, but other than that this kids spring craft is mostly mess free. Here’s how to make a Leprechaun Handprint Craft!
This post contains affiliate links.
Leprechaun Handprint Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
Craft Supplies Needed
Printable Leprechaun Hat Template
First, download our FREE Leprechaun Craft Printable for the hat.
You can either print on plain white paper using a color ink jet printer OR print on light green paper so you can later cut out the hat shape. We did the latter using our black and white laser printer.
Directions to Make Handprint Leprechaun
Next, using a foam brush dab one of your kid’s hands with orange craft paint. Firmly press their hand onto the green construction paper and carefully lift their hand up, taking care not to smear the paint.
Then take another foam brush and dab it in the middle of the handprint to create an area for a face. The idea is for the orange paint to be hair and a beard. Allow the paint to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Print out the hat and with your scissors, cut out the hat.
This is a great time for kids to practice their cutting skills!
If the paint is dry, glue the hat onto the top of the leprechaun with a glue stick like shown. Add the black strip of construction paper using the glue stick.
Finally, using a marker let your kid draw a face on his leprechaun and decorate with shamrock stickers.
So adorable! I am in love with this kids Handprint Leprechaun Craft for St. Patrick’s Day.
Step by Step Pictures of Leprechaun Craft
- 1 sheet green construction paper
- 1 sheet plain white or light green printing paper
- Orange craft paint
- White or flesh tone craft paint
- 1 small strip of black construction paper
- (Optional) Shamrock stickers
- Glue stick
- Foam brushes
- Print the leprechaun hat craft template on white or green paper.
- Use a foam brush with orange paint to cover child’s hand and then press gently into the paper to create a handprint.
- Using another brush or dabber, add flesh color circle to the middle of the handprint.
- Allow paint to dry.
- With scissors, cut out leprechaun hat template and black band for hat.
- Glue hat onto handprint and add hat band with glue stick.
- Using a marker, draw your leprechaun facial details.
- (Optional) Decorate your handprint leprechaun with stickers.
More St Patricks Day fun From Kids ACtivities Blog
How did your handprint leprechaun craft turn out?