Spook your friends with these fun facts about Halloween that you probably didn’t know about! If you are looking for Halloween trivia facts, we have 15 interesting facts about Halloween on printable sheets. These Halloween facts are great for kids of all ages at home or in the classroom.
Free Printable Halloween Facts For Kids
Today we are learning about Halloween with our Halloween facts printable pages! Simply download and print the fun facts about Halloween and have some fun while learning about spooky Halloween lore. Our printable fun facts pdf includes two pages filled with Halloween pictures and facts about Halloween lore that kids of all ages will enjoy at home or in the classroom.
How much do you know about Halloween? Do you know the history of all the iconic things we love about Halloween? If not, let’s learn about Halloween!
Related: Fun facts for kids
Fun Halloween Facts To Share With Your Friends
- Halloween dates back to a pre-Christian Celtic festival called Samhain, which means “summer’s end”.
- Halloween is older than you may think: it dates back to almost 2000 years ago!
- Trick-or-treating has existed since medieval times, but it was known as “guising” or “souling” in Scotland and Ireland.
- Jack-o-lanterns were originally carved into turnips instead of pumpkins.
- Candy corn was originally called Chicken Feed, not because it tastes like chicken food, but because corn is what was used to feed chickens.
- The highest number of lit jack o’lanterns on display is 30,581 by the City of Keene, New Hampshire in 2013.
- Halloween is the second-largest commercial holiday in the country, right after Christmas.
More Halloween Fun Facts
- Americans spent approximately $9 billion on Halloween in 2019… that’s a lot of candies and costumes!
- The most popular children’s costumes are princesses and superheroes.
- 17% of Americans dress their pets in costumes – one of the most common costumes is pumpkins!
- Skittles are the top Halloween candy, even above M&M’s, Snickers, and Reese’s cups.
- The night before Halloween is called Mischief Night or Goosey Night, mostly in the Midwest and on the East Coast.
- The word “witch” comes from the Old English wicce, meaning “wise woman.”
- In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and hearing an owl’s call meant someone was about to die.
- According to tradition, if a person wears his or her clothes inside out and then walks backward on Halloween, he or she will see a witch at midnight.
This article contains affiliate links.
Download & Print Halloween Fun Facts for Kids PDF Files Here
This Halloween Fun Fact sheet is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR FACTS To Use On Our Halloween Fun Fact Sheets
Interesting Facts About Halloween
Check out the black and white version of our fun facts for Halloween printable pages. Not only will they save you printer ink, they are really fun to color, paint and decorate.
Our fun Halloween fact sets come in two printable pdf versions:
- Fun Halloween Facts for Kids (Full Color)
- Fun Halloween Facts for Kids (Black & White) can double as a Halloween coloring page
Discover even more Halloween fun resources We Love
1. Halloween Activities Book
Young children need plenty of practice in pen-control – an essential skill they must learn before starting to form letters and numbers.
This fun Wipe Clean Halloween Activities book is full of Halloween-themed activities, encouraging children to join the dots, spot differences, solve mazes, and trace the dotted lines with the special pen provided, then wipe clean and repeat.
2. Little Children’s Halloween Book
Spooky fun activities include step-bystep instructions for drawing, spot the difference and matching puzzles, mazes, coloring, and dot-to-dots in the Little Children’s Halloween Activity Book.
3. Halloween Magic Painting Book
This Halloween Magic Painting Book will amaze your kids! Simply dip the magic water brush into water, brush it over the black and white patterns, and you’ll be amazed at the colors that magically appear.
More Fun Facts for Kids To Download And Print
More Halloween Printables and fun from Kids Activities Blog
What was your favorite fun Halloween fact? Let us know in the comments!
Denial of responsibility! My Droll is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.