Ferrari will soon embark on a frenzy of model launches, having laid out plans overnight for 15 new cars between 2023 and 2026.
There’s some symmetry to this week’s plan, given Ferrari managed 15 new car launches between 2018 and 2022 – highlights including the 296 GTB, SF90, 812 Competizione and F8 Tributo.
Ferrari announced its latest mid-term product plan at its 2022 capital markets day event.
One of the upcoming 15 models will be an all-electric vehicle – the company’s first BEV. Ferrari has previously committed to launch an electric vehicle (EV) in 2025, and that timing remains in place.
Ferrari’s CEO Benedetto Vigna – who’s been in the chair for 12 months – didn’t go into too much detail about the upcoming EV this week, but claimed it will be “unique” and will be developed through a “Ferrari lens”.
Another promised highlight will be a high-performance V8 hybrid halo model to follow on from the V12 LaFerrari.
Although Ferrari doesn’t confirm it exactly, in one of the slides in the presentation it alludes that this upcoming “supercar” will be powered by a turbocharged V8 engine with a hybrid system of some sort.
The slide also says that it’ll have technology from its Formula 1 and upcoming Le Mans hypercar, which will make its racing debut in at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2023.
Also at the event, Ferrari confirmed it will be unveiling its first SUV, called the Purosangue, in September 2022.
As previously detailed, the Purosangue will be available with a V12 engine. CarExpert understands the Purosangue will be available with other, electrified powertrain options too.
Earlier in 2022 Ferrari said it will manage the “exclusivity” of the Purosangue, with it confirming at the event that it will remain below 20 per cent of annual vehicle shipments over its lifecycle.
Images of the Purosangue recently leaked showing parts of its four-door ‘coupe SUV’ body, as well as an official teaser showing off the front.
We already know this SUV will seat up to four passengers and is based on a new front mid-engine architecture.
By 2026, Ferrari aims to have a vehicle lineup that consists of 60 per cent hybrid and all-electric vehicles, with the other 40 per cent being internal combustion-powered models.
By 2030, the Prancing Horse will boost this figure to 40 per cent hybrid, 40 per cent all-electric, and 20 per cent internal-combustion vehicles.
Building on this electrification push, Ferrari has confirmed it’s construction of a new “e-building” at its Maranello plant for EVs. This was previously rumoured but not confirmed.
This additional space will design and assemble electric powertrains, inverters and batteries. There’s going to be a new paint shop too.
As previously announced, Mr Vigna, a former STMicroelectronics executive was appointed as CEO of Ferrari in June 2021 to accelerate the use of cutting-edge technologies.
Earlier in 2022, Ferrari also detailed an organisational reshuffle that pointed toward its electrified future and focused on its 2023 carbon neutral pledge.
The Prancing Horse broadened its leadership team with the promotion of internal talent and bolstered this with a number of external hires from technology backgrounds.
The local division of Ferrari recently said its move to electrification has been “well received” by customers locally and overseas.
MORE: Ferrari reportedly adding EV line at Maranello, details coming June 16
MORE: Ferrari EV moved forward to 2025
MORE: 2023 Ferrari Purosangue SUV leaked
MORE: Ferrari Purosangue SUV to remain exclusive, V12 coming