Graphic design is the essence of visual representation.
Business cards, billboards, brands – every facet of business incorporates some form of graphic design.
Creating successful graphic designs is a crucial skill for advertisers, designers, and business owners. Nowadays, the easy availability of vector graphics software has made it easy to create your own design. Statistics related to graphic design show that this inventive craft is increasingly essential to the success of today’s enterprises.
The industry and careers
The field of graphic design has evolved but shows no sign of slowing down. Businesses compete to get the best graphic designs for marketing, advertising, and web designing. After all, visual impression matters, doesn’t it? Some exciting statistics show the demand for the graphic design industry and graphic designers.
- The global market size of design services is projected to grow to $249.5 billion by 2022 from the $153 billion it touched in 2018.
- The global graphic designers’ industry market size, with its current evaluation at $43.4 billion, is expecting an imminent boom of about 3.7%in 2022.
- As of 2021, the global market for graphic design has shot up to $45.8 billion.
- The average salary for a visual designer spans around $53,380 per year.
- More than 60% of graphic designers are women.
of graphic designers prefer working freelance.
- The highest earners in the graphic design industry are User Experience Directors.
- Approximately 65% of graphic designers have a bachelor’s degree.
Design in content marketing and web design
Marketers, advertisers, content creators, business owners: everybody wants a good graphic designer. Visuals are imperative in today’s digital world, be it a website or a social media post. Take a look at the following statistics to understand how vital graphic designers are for marketing and web design.
of businesses reported using graphic design in various formats
- Around 51% of business-to-business (B2B) marketers prefer using visual assets in content marketing.
- 50% of companies increased their graphic design budget from 2021.
- 19% of businesses don’t use graphic design, but 67% of those companies would if there were a quicker, less expensive way to create graphic design materials.
- Almost 40% of companies face a challenge in consistently creating aesthetically engaging content.
- 37% of companies would like to automate the process of creating consistently visually appealing content.
- As far as visual graphics is concerned, infographics and videos topped the charts.
Consumer behavior statistics
Now that you’ve figured out that graphic design significantly impacts marketing, web design, and branding, let’s look at how this, in turn, plays a part in affecting and influencing consumers and their choices. Here are some fascinating insights into how graphic design services affect consumer behavior.
- If you have visual graphics, 85% of people are attracted to your brands.
- 93% of people agree that an object’s visual dimensions influence their purchasing decisions.
of people believe their first impression of a company is design related.
- Color and design play a role in consumer interest, as 50% of internet users have cited website design as influencing their brand opinions.
- 46% of people decide the credibility of a business or company based on its website designs.
- Full-color ads had 40% more viewership than plain ads.
Graphic design undergoes variations based on demographics, locations, experiences, and jobs. If you’re looking for some insights into the highest-paying graphic design jobs and the demographics of this field, mentioned below are some interesting stats.
- Currently, the United States has over 118,080 graphic designers.
- The average age of a working graphic design employee is 37 years.
of graphic designers belongs to the LGBTQ community
- In 2021, women graphic designers were the top earners, with 95% earning more than men.
What you see is what you get
Today’s enterprises require the appropriate image to stand out from the competition in a world where looks are crucial. The key to standing out from the crowd is your investment in graphic design.
Want to dig deeper into the world of graphic design? Check out the best graphic design software platforms.